Caring Meal Ministry Reaches Out
If you know of someone who has a need for a meal (illness, death, etc) please call Orvette, in the church office (642-3457), so a meal can be delivered.
When we deliver a meal to our church family they very much appreciate it. We recently received this nice note: “We so appreciate the church reaching out to us in this way. The meals will be enjoyed greatly.”
Thank you to all of you who support the Caring Meal Ministry by your prayers, preparing food, and giving money. Our church is a team, working together to support each other as we spread the love of God.
Food Pantry needs for September
– Saltine Crackers
– Canned Carrots
– Chicken Noodle Soup
– Special K Cereal
– Chunky Peanut Butter
– Chunky Soups
– Spaghetti Sauce
– Diced Tomatoes
Have you ever thought you would like to be on a worship team? That comes in many different forms. Here are a few that we could use help in:
– Singers — yes, we can use singers — wouldn‘t it be nice to be able to give our present teams a break once in a while? That can only happen if we have more Praise Team members.
– Instrumentalists — guitar players, drummers, bass players, keyboard players — many opportunities for instrumentalists of all kinds. Just ask.
– Projection operators — if you can turn on a computer and know what the mouse and space bar do, you can be an expert.
– Projection programmers — just a little more difficult, but well within the realm of possibility. Hey, if I can learn it, so can you!
– Sound techs — every wonder what all those slide things and knobs are for and how they work? Well, here‘s your chance to learn and become a part of a vital ministry.
These, and many more opportunities such as lay readers, welcome team members, greeters, ushers, etc. await your willingness to say yes to God‘s leading and serving in the ministry here at Spearfish UMC. If God is nudging you to serve in any part of the worship ministry, please contact me. As someone else has said, ―Let‘s talk!‖ Please contact John Elving, Worship Coordinator at email@example.com or (605) 381-9680.