MISSION STATEMENT: The mission of the Health Ministry Committee is to enhance the caring community of the United Methodist Church; assisting church members and the community in health promotion and renewal of the whole person while reflecting God’s love.
GOAL: To assist church members in health promotion and renewal of the whole person.
What we do:
– Our committee promotes a healthy congregation: (recommends an annual flu shot and to keep current on vaccines such as tetanus and pneumonia shots).
– Provides education on health related issues.
– Provides comfort and care for members during times of illness or death ( grief support ministry).
– Weekly Wed. open prayer opportunity from 5:00- 5:30 P.M. in the church parlor. All are welcome. (Our faith will grow as we pray).
– Promotes prayer at monthly communion prayer stations and monthly prayers for our church, pastor and family, and congregation.
– Yearly blood pressure and diabetic screening.
– Provides health education and encourages healthy lifestyles (exercise, eat healthy foods, reduce stress)
– Medical Equipment Loan-Has the following medical equipment to loan: tub chair, walker, cane, crutches, toilet seat riser, commode). Note: The Spearfish Senior Center has a large inventory of medical equipment to loan out in the community.
– Caring Meal Ministry: Provides meals to people who have had an illness, death, etc. Please call the church office (642-3457) if you know of someone who has need for a meal. Emergency food bags are available.
The body is a gift and the dwelling place of God, treat it with great care.