The mission of the Health Ministry Committee is to enhance the caring community of the United Methodist Church; assisting church members and the community in health promotion and renewal of the whole person while reflecting God’s love.
To assist church members in health promotion and renewal of the whole person.
What we do:
– Our committee promotes a healthy congregation: (recommends an annual flu shot and to keep current on vaccines such as tetanus and pneumonia shots).
– Provides education on health related issues.
– Provides comfort and care for members during times of illness or death ( grief support ministry).
– Weekly Wed. open prayer opportunity from 5:00- 5:30 P.M. in the church parlor. All are welcome. (Our faith will grow as we pray).
– Promotes prayer at monthly communion prayer stations and monthly prayers for our church, pastor and family, and congregation.
– Yearly blood pressure and diabetic screening.
– Provides health education and encourages healthy lifestyles (exercise, eat healthy foods, reduce stress)
– Medical Equipment Loan has the following medical equipment to loan: tub chair, walker, cane, crutches, toilet seat riser, commode). Note: The Spearfish Senior Center has a large inventory of medical equipment to loan out in the community.
– Caring Meal Ministry: Provides meals to people who have had an illness, death, etc. Please call the church office (642-3457) if you know of someone who has need for a meal. Emergency food bags are available.